Re: INT64_FORMAT in translatable strings

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: INT64_FORMAT in translatable strings
Date: 2021-04-22 10:49:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 08:00:00PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> Anyway we can rely on %lld/%llu and we decided to use them in
> translatable strings. So the attached fixes (AFAICS) all instances of
> the macros in translatable strings.

Indeed, good catch. Thanks.

> # I just found 3286065651 did one instance of that so I excluded that
> # from this patch.

May I ask why you are using "unsigned long long int" rather uint64?
What you are proposing is more consistent with what's done in the
signed case like 3286065, so no objections from me, but I was just
wondering. Personally, I think that I would just use "unsigned long
long", like in xlogreader.c or pg_controldata.c to take two examples.
--
Michael