Re: File truncation within PostgresNode::issues_sql_like() wrong on Windows

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: File truncation within PostgresNode::issues_sql_like() wrong on Windows
Date: 2021-04-15 04:57:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 09:26:19PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Well, let me try it on fairywren tomorrow. Since we manage this on the
> buildfarm without any use at all of Win32API::File it might not be
> necessary in TAP code either, particularly if we're not truncating the file.

Thanks. If that proves to not be necessary, +1 to remove this code.
I have been playing with this stuff, and the attached patch seems to
work properly on Windows. On top of that, I have also tested the
non-Win32 path on an MSVC box to see that it was working, but my
environment is not really noisy usually with such compatibility
issues.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
tap-sql-like-truncate-v2.patch text/x-diff 4.1 KB