Re: SQL-standard function body

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL-standard function body
Date: 2021-04-08 03:28:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 04:22:17PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Buildfarm suggests this has some issues under force_parallel_mode.
> I'm wondering about missed fields in outfuncs/readfuncs, or the like.

The problem looks a bit more fundamental to me, as there seems to be
some confusion with the concept of what should be the query string
when it comes to prosqlbody with a parallel run, as it replaces prosrc
in some cases where the function uses SQL as language. If the
buildfarm cannot be put back to green, could it be possible to revert
this patch?
--
Michael