Re: BUG #16914: Regression test of the worker_spi fails if USE_MODULE_DB environment variable is set.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: r(dot)zharkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16914: Regression test of the worker_spi fails if USE_MODULE_DB environment variable is set.
Date: 2021-03-04 12:42:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Mar 04, 2021 at 07:43:11AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I found a little problem with the test on the master branch:
>
> $ make -s -C src/test/modules/worker_spi check USE_MODULE_DB=TRUE
> ============== running regression test queries ==============
> test worker_spi ... FAILED 131652 ms
> ============== shutting down postmaster

Fun.

> Something like this fixes the problem:

One problem with this solution is that this is not portable. Instead
of generating dynamically the configuration file, here is funkier
solution as we know that worker_spi would restart if the database it
should connect to does not exist: let's use a completely different
database name, not expected by any other modules. Then, this database
gets created in worker_spi.sql, with a reconnection to it.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
worker-spi-test.patch text/x-diff 1.5 KB