Re: [DOC] add missing "[ NO ]" to various "DEPENDS ON" synopses

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [DOC] add missing "[ NO ]" to various "DEPENDS ON" synopses
Date: 2021-02-16 01:20:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 03:57:04PM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> Indeed it does. Not the most exciting of use cases, though I imagine it
> might come in handy for anyone developing an extension, and the
> existing implementation is inconsistent (in place for ALTER INDEX,
> and partially for ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW, but not the others).
> Patch suggestion attached.

Thanks.

- else if (Matches("ALTER", "INDEX", MatchAny, "NO", "DEPENDS"))
- COMPLETE_WITH("ON EXTENSION");
- else if (Matches("ALTER", "INDEX", MatchAny, "DEPENDS"))
- COMPLETE_WITH("ON EXTENSION");
The part, if removed, means that typing "alter index my_index no " is
not able to complete with "DEPENDS ON EXTENSION" anymore. So it seems
to me that ALTER INDEX got that right, and that the other commands had
better do the same.
--
Michael