Re: ERROR: "ft1" is of the wrong type.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: "ft1" is of the wrong type.
Date: 2021-02-18 07:27:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 06:14:15PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> The attached is just fixing that. I tried to make it generic but
> didn't find a clean and translatable way.
>
> Also I found that only three cases in the function are excecised by
> make check.
>
> ATT_TABLE : foreign_data, indexing checks
> ATT_TABLE | ATT_FOREIGN_TABLE : alter_table
> ATT_TABLE | ATT_COMPOSITE_TYPE | ATT_FOREIGN_TABLE : alter_table
>
> I'm not sure it's worth the trouble so the attached doesn't do
> anything for that.

Each sentence needs to be completely separate, as the language
translated to may tweak the punctuation of the set of objects listed,
at least. But you know that already :)

If you have seen cases where permission checks show up messages with
an incorrect relkind mentioned, could you add some regression tests
able to trigger the problematic cases you saw and to improve this
coverage?
--
Michael