Re: pgsql: Rename contrib module basic_archive to basic_wal_module

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Rename contrib module basic_archive to basic_wal_module
Date: 2023-01-25 22:53:25
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 02:41:18PM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> This is my preference. If Michael and Robert are okay with it, I think
> this is what we should do. Else, I'll create separate basic_archive and
> basic_restore modules.

Grouping both things into the same module has the advantage to ease
the configuration, at least in the example, where the archive
directory GUC can be used for both paths.

Regarding the renaming, I pushed for that. There's little love for it
as far as I can see, so will revert accordingly. Keeping
basic_archive as name for the module while it includes recovery is
fine by me.
--
Michael