Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Robert Treat <rob(at)xzilla(dot)net>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes
Date: 2022-10-14 19:51:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 12:22:35PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > > + <para>
> > > + The parent xid of each subxid is recorded in the
> > > + <filename>pg_subtrans</filename> directory. No entry is made for
> > > + top-level xids since they do not have a parent, nor is an entry made
> > > + for read-only subtransactions.
> > > + </para>
> >
> > Maybe say "the immediate parent xid of each ...", or is it too obvious?
>
> +1 to all of those suggestions

Attached is the merged patch from all the great comments I received. I
have also rebuilt the docs with the updated patch:

https://momjian.us/tmp/pgsql/

EDB https://enterprisedb.com

Indecision is a decision. Inaction is an action. Mark Batterson

Attachment Content-Type Size
xact.diff text/x-diff 23.3 KB