Re: Allow tests to pass in OpenSSL FIPS mode

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Allow tests to pass in OpenSSL FIPS mode
Date: 2022-10-12 01:18:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 01:51:50PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Let's make a small start on this. The attached patch moves the tests of the
> md5() function to a separate test file. That would ultimately make it
> easier to maintain a variant expected file for FIPS mode where that function
> will fail (similar to how we have done it for the pgcrypto tests).

Makes sense to me. This slice looks fine.

I think that the other md5() computations done in the main regression
test suite could just be switched to use one of the sha*() functions
as they just want to put their hands on text values. It looks like a
few of them have some expections with the output size and
generate_series(), though, but this could be tweaked by making the
series shorter, for example.
--
Michael