meson and sslfiles.mk in src/test/ssl/

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: meson and sslfiles.mk in src/test/ssl/
Date: 2023-02-20 23:54:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

While playing with the SSL tests last week, I have noticed that we
don't have a way to regenerate the SSL files with meson for its TAP
suite. It seems to me that we had better transfer the rules currently
stored in sslfiles.mk into something that meson can use?

Another approach may be to keep sslfiles.mk around, still allow meson
to invoke it with a specific target? I am not exactly sure how this
would be handled, but it looks like a transfer would make sense in the
long-term if we target a removal of the dependency with make.

Thoughts are welcome.
--
Michael