Re: recovery modules

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: recovery modules
Date: 2023-02-15 06:38:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 05:02:37PM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> Sorry for then noise, cfbot alerted me to a missing #include, which I've
> added in v13.

+ basic_archive_context = data->context;
+ Assert(CurrentMemoryContext != basic_archive_context);

So this is what it means to document that we are not in the memory
context we are freeing here. That seems good enough to me in this
context. Tracking if one of CurrentMemoryContext's parents is the
memory context that would be deleted would be another thing, but this
does not apply here.

I may tweak a bit the comments, but nothing more. And I don't think I
have more to add. Andres, do you have anything you would like to
mention?
--
Michael