Re: [OT... But couldn't resist!] Master/Slave

From: Randolf Richardson <rr(at)8x(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [OT... But couldn't resist!] Master/Slave
Date: 2003-11-25 18:18:28
Lists: pgsql-general

> Sorry, a little OT... But couldn't resist..
>
> You guys building replication systems may have to have a terminology
> rethink...
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/11/25/0014257&mode=thread&tid=103&t
> id= 133&tid=186&tid=99

The above article leads to this page:

Master/Slave
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/master.asp

After reading "...someone within the County bureaucracy a person who
probably didn't understand computer terminology had taken offense at
'master/slave' references and complained to the board..." I couldn't help but
laugh at the idea that someone's not getting along with their dominatrix. =D

--
Randolf Richardson - rr(at)8x(dot)ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Please do not eMail me directly when responding
to my postings in the newsgroups.