Re: [PORTS] Please Define Supported/Unsupported

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, dkulrich(at)intermedia(dot)com, webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Ricardo Davis <rcdavis(at)intermedia(dot)com>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Please Define Supported/Unsupported
Date: 1999-12-31 04:30:55
Lists: pgsql-ports

On 30-Dec-99 Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>>
>> > I don't think the PostgreSQL team maintains the web page. I've been
>> > using postgres for sparc for two+ years. Postgres is well supported on
>> > Sparc, alright. The web site is not that well supported, though. :(
>>
>> The web site is quite well supported, actually...based on what ppl
>> report...
>
> I must agree, it has improved a lot the last year or so. I think I have jumped the trigger too fast
> this time, and I apologize! I have had a lot of difficulties using the web in the past (one thing
> was a strange redirector throwing me to a broken mirror site unless I printed the entire
> "http://www.postgresql.org/index.html"), but most of problems are long gone; I just still remembered
> them, I
> guess... It's a fine and well maintained web site!

If you come across a broken mirror drop a note to webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org
It's the only way I'll know it's broken. I check them periodically, but
I don't check out each page.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN: $24.95/mo or less - 56K Dialup: $17.95/mo or less at Pop4
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com