Re: [HACKERS] Re: postgres RPM build on Suse linux 6.2

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: postgres RPM build on Suse linux 6.2
Date: 1999-11-22 21:11:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 22-Nov-99 Tom Lane wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
>> [I've been working with Jef Peeraer on building the RPM's on SuSE Linux,
>> and ran across what I think is an autoconf issue. The configure script
>> complained that it couldn't find the tk config script
>> (/usr/lib/tkConfig.sh on most tk installs), which botched the whole
>> build in an obscure place.]
>
> --with-tclconfig and/or --with-tkconfig should fix this. I forget
> whether those are in 6.5.* though.
>
> Since we also look for "wish" in the PATH, it would be nice if we could
> ask wish where the tcl/tk config files are, instead of having to search
> for them ourselves. But AFAIK you can't fire up a wish without having
> an X display for it to connect to ... and configure can't assume that.

I added --with-tkconfig somewhere around March 4, 1999. That's the date
on my patch file anyway. Does that help any?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> Have you seen http://www.pop4.net?
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com