large objects over network connection

From: oskar stuffer <oskar(at)sad(dot)it>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: large objects over network connection
Date: 1999-11-15 11:49:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi!

I'm developing a program for a client-server document retrieval system.
I would like to implement it using large objects.
The client software is running on a different computer than the postmaster
process is.
The lo_import and lo_export registered built in functions running on the client
machine always refer to the filesystem of the machine where postmaster is
running.
Obviously, i need the files on the machine where the client is running.
What can I do if I don't want to use nfs, rcp or similar?

oskar stuffer
---
Very few profundities can be expressed in less than 80 characters.