Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] Next release is 7.0(?)

From: Craig Orsinger <orsingerc(at)epg-gw1(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] Next release is 7.0(?)
Date: 1999-10-12 23:13:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

On 11-Oct-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> You could make the actual command pg_createuser, and make a symlink of
> createuser, but allow the symlink creation to fail. Best of both
> worlds, I think. I vote for underscore. That's what I normally use.
> Dashes look too much like command arguments.

Agreed. I don't like underscores, but hyphens can be worse.
I think the best idea is to use a name that identifies the script as
being a part of PostgreSQL, and can somehow clearly define what the
script is designed to do, and then whatever you choose, _stick_with_it_!
System administrators and programmers can make symbolic links if they
need them.

Date: 12-Oct-99 Time: 16:10:10

Craig Orsinger (email: <orsingerc(at)epg-gw1(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28 "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA 98433 - The Doctor