Re: [INTERFACES] Trying to get started?

From: Craig Orsinger <orsingerc(at)epg-gw1(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Trying to get started?
Date: 1999-06-23 18:19:07
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On 23-Jun-99 Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>> and made sure that by PATH point to /usr/lib. I then cd to
>> /usr/local/pgaccess, this is
>> where I unziped the files, and ran wish -f ./pgaccess.tcl.
>> The following is the error I got:
>> Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": libpq.so.1:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> You need to run "ldconfig -v" to update the shared library cache
> database...

Thomas answered your question, but I should also point out
that changing the PATH environment variable as you did isn't necessary,
and won't make a difference when loading dynamic (shared) libraries.

Date: 23-Jun-99 Time: 10:42:31

Craig Orsinger (email: <orsingerc(at)epg(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28 "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA 98433 - The Doctor