Re: UnixWare

From: Dmitry Samersoff <dms(at)wplus(dot)net>
To: Andrew Merrill <andrew(at)thatch2(dot)compclass(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: UnixWare
Date: 1999-06-17 07:13:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 17-Jun-99 Andrew Merrill wrote:
> It looks like you are using SCO UnixWare 2.1.2. PostgreSQL 6.4.X and 6.5.X
> do
> compile and run on SCO UnixWare 7, the current version.
>
> I have not been able to compile PostgreSQL 6.5 (or any other version) on
> UnixWare 2. The main problem seems to be that PostgreSQL uses alloca,
> and I can't find the alloca.h header on my UnixWare 2 system.
>
> SCO has released a newer compiler, often called the Universal Development
> Kit (UDK) which will run on UnixWare 7, UnixWare 2, and OpenServer 5, and
> which will produce a single binary for all three platforms. PostgreSQL 6.5
> will compile on both UnixWare 7 and OpenServer 5 using SCO's UDK compiler,
> so I assume it would compile on UnixWare 2 using it as well. However,
> I don't have a UnixWare 2 system with the UDK installed to test this.

Thank you!

I found another compiler under /udk/usr/ccs/bin, and try to use it,
but I have lots of configure problems yet.

PS:
I'm completly new in UNIXWARE, sorry for some kind of stupidity in my
questions ;-))

---
Dmitry Samersoff, dms(at)wplus(dot)net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net
* There will come soft rains ...