Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: (Jan Wieck) <jwieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: hannu(at)trust(dot)ee, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, vadim(at)krs(dot)ru, (Clark Evans) <clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))
Date: 1999-03-23 23:23:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 23-Mar-99 Jan Wieck wrote:

>> Hannu Krosing wrote:
>>
>> I really like the Elephant idea.
>>
>> > Aint elephant associated mostly with some political party in US ?
>>
>> Sure, but the first thing which came to my mind was Dumbo
>> the flying elephant and the Jungle book's kernel Harting.
>
> :-)
>

>> > I once did some crocodiles,
>> > http://sid.trust.ee/Info/PostgreSQL.figs/logo/page.html
>>
>> The Crocodile is cool, but I'd vote for an Elephant,
>> or perhaps a bear.
>
> I've just finished the first raytraces of the diamond logo
> and the according WEB banner.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/~wieck

Where's the elephant? :)

Looks good, but the diamond needs the benefit of a star filter on the
camera (so to speak). If you need I'll try to explain it in a bit more
detail.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com