combining contents of two fields into a new field?

From: "William J(dot) Stotts" <wstotts(at)sonitrol(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: combining contents of two fields into a new field?
Date: 1999-02-22 17:38:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi folks,

Please excuse this question for it shows my ignorance;-)

I need to combine the contents of three different fields into a single
field. I understand how to perform an update on a field with the contents
of another field via a query like:
UPDATE dice_data SET dice_new_phone = dice_prefix

I need to update this field with a concatenation of three fields actually.
What I am ignorant of is how to perform such an update. WOuld someone
kindly guide me in how to perform such an update?

Thanks in advance8-)

Bill Stotts

ps-please reply to me directly as well as the mailing list.

Bill Stotts | Voice: 860-616-7535
wstotts(at)sonitrol(dot)net | Fax: 860-616-7589
Sonitrol Communications Corp. |

_SONITROL_ Expect the best... | Where do you want to GO tomorrow?