lower() broken?

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: lower() broken?
Date: 1999-02-19 18:31:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have a record in table cust with the username of joblo and it's
already lower case. This is from a cvsup a couple of weeks old.

classifieds=> select count(*) from cust where username = lower('joblo');
count
-----
0
(1 row)

classifieds=> select count(*) from cust where username = 'joblo';
count
-----
1
(1 row)

Doesn't seem to matter if I use lower on username, 'joblo' or both. And
there's only the one record in the table.

Did something break or did I forget how to use lower()?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com