RE: [HACKERS] 6.4 Build Error from CVS snapshot

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Clark Evans <clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] 6.4 Build Error from CVS snapshot
Date: 1999-02-18 20:58:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 18-Feb-99 Clark Evans wrote:
> After the previous error, I was thinking that I built
> it from the wrong account... so I changed accounts,
> did a 'make clean' followed by a 'make'.
>
> Following is a different error that occurs
> when I did this. This different error is the
> same error that I was getting *before* I blew
> away the RELEASE directory and re-freshed it
> from the CVS server.
>
> Hope it helps. Is this something that I'm
> doing wrong? The current tree builds just great.

> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `adt/SUBSYS.o', needed by `SUBSYS.o'. Stop.

I've had this before and I believe the solution was:

$ rm adt/SUBSYS.o
$ gmake

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com