Re: [HACKERS] NAN on FreeBSD 2.2.8

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] NAN on FreeBSD 2.2.8
Date: 1999-01-28 02:42:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 28-Jan-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> Is there a workaround for an undeclared NAN in backend/utils/adt/float.c
>> on FreeBSD? I thought I compiled this before, but right now I don't see
>> any evidence that I did. If I did, the only difference between then and
>> now would be adding tcl support. The sources are cvsup'd from 1/11/99,
>> but I'm getting Connection Refused so I can't update.
>>
>> Suggestions? Hints?
>>

> It is fixed in the current tree.

Yep. that it is. Have you tried compiling it with tcl yet? It's not a
pretty picture on FreeBSD. I'll need to dig into it to see just why it
does what it does, but configure a) doesn't know that tcl and tk could be
in different locations; b) misses the include path (/usr/local/include/tk8.0)
and c) does the same for tk. To get past 'a' I went into the tcl8.0 dir
and added a link to the tk directory. Then each time the compile failed
I had to add the tcl8.0 and tk8.0 dirs to the include path to fix 'b' and
'c'. I'll dig into it tomorrow if I get a chance.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Searchable Campground Listings http://www.camping-usa.com
"There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
than the federal government" -- Tony Snow