Re: ODBC and VB5 I GIVE UP!!

From: Craig Orsinger <orsingerc(at)epg-gw1(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Eric Damron <edamron(at)home(dot)com>
Subject: Re: ODBC and VB5 I GIVE UP!!
Date: 2000-05-02 18:43:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On 30-Apr-00 Moray McConnachie wrote:
>>I can create, edit, update tables using ipgsql.exe And I can create a
>>recordset and read records from VB but when I try to add a new record or
>>update a record I get the message "Run time error '3027' Can't Update.
>>Database or Object is Read Only."
>
> What does your postgres table look like? You won't be able to add, update
> or delete records from VB unless you have some kind of unique field
> defined, either via CREATE UNIQUE INDEX, or PRIMARY KEY in the field
> definition, or by using Show OID and Fake index in the ODBC driver, but I
> wouldn't particularly advise the latter.
>
> You should also have Recognise Unique Indexes turned on in the ODBC driver.
>
> I think that may be it, anyway.

So, was that it? I'm curious because I'm trying to learn how
to do this also.

Date: 02-May-00 Time: 11:41:10

Craig Orsinger (email: <orsingerc(at)epg-gw1(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>)
Logicon Advanced Technology
Bldg. 8B28 "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA 98433 - The Doctor