Re: Refactoring HMAC in the core code

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: Refactoring HMAC in the core code
Date: 2021-01-08 07:11:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 03:46:42PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> This has been tested on Windows and Linux across all the versions of
> OpenSSL we support on HEAD. I am also attaching a small module called
> hmacfuncs that I used as a way to validate this patch across all the
> versions of OpenSSL and the fallback implementation. As a reference,
> this matches with the results from Wikipedia here:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAC#Examples

Please find attached a rebased version. I have simplified the
implementation to use an opaque pointer similar to the cryptohash
part, leading to a large cleanup of the allocation logic for both
implementations, with and without OpenSSL.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Refactor-HMAC-implementations.patch text/x-diff 36.4 KB