Sv: Re: Logical decoding currently not usable for all due to lack of LargeObject-support

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sv: Re: Logical decoding currently not usable for all due to lack of LargeObject-support
Date: 2018-08-16 11:44:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

På torsdag 16. august 2018 kl. 13:38:54, skrev Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de
Hi,

On 2018-08-16 13:31:14 +0200, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> The lack of LargeObject-support makes it unusable for installations using
it.

> Any plans to support LOs in logical decoding so we can replicate databases
> using them?

I personally am not planning to work on it, but would probably spend
some time reviewing design & patches.

It's not entirely clear how to do so in a nice manner, given the
essentially arbitrary writes the API allows.

I understand it's not an easy task. Unfortunately without this logical
replication is useless for us.

Any PG-company wants to take on this task for funding?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh