RE: Sudden database error with COUNT(*) making Query Planner crashes: variable not found in subplan target list

From: Jean Landercy - BEEODIVERSITY <jean(dot)landercy(at)beeodiversity(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Subject: RE: Sudden database error with COUNT(*) making Query Planner crashes: variable not found in subplan target list
Date: 2022-06-06 16:50:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Justin,

Thank you for your quick reply.
Unfortunately, the server having this issue is an Azure Flexible Server.
Upgrades are managed by Azure, I will have to wait until they release the version 13.7.

Is there a procedure to replicate the database and preserve the bug.
My attempts with pg_dump/psql failed (the bug vanishes).
If so then I can clone the faulty database and upgrade it on a newer version.

Best regards,

Landercy Jean