RE: The follwing error sometimes happened while updating partitioned table using inheritance; ERROR: attribute xxx of type record has wrong type

From: "ideriha(dot)takeshi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <ideriha(dot)takeshi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "ideriha(dot)takeshi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <ideriha(dot)takeshi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, 'Amit Langote' <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: The follwing error sometimes happened while updating partitioned table using inheritance; ERROR: attribute xxx of type record has wrong type
Date: 2022-01-31 09:04:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Amit,

>>* When enable_hashjoin was off, it did not happen.

Let me correct my information to make sure.
As you may already know, I found "set enable_hashjoin = off" doesn't help in some cases
including my client's case.
It makes sense since in my understanding postgres refers to wrong column information
when executing of join of each child table due to mistakenly shared SubPlan as you explained.

I'd be happy if there are any work around.
Not using partitioned table with inheritance but using declarative partition could become a work around?
Would you hit upon any other work arounds?

Regards,
Takeshi Ideriha