RE: test_decoding assertion failure for the loss of top-sub transaction relationship

From: "kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Amit Kapila' <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, "dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com" <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, "osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: test_decoding assertion failure for the loss of top-sub transaction relationship
Date: 2022-09-06 09:16:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I was not sure what's the proper way to fix it.
> The solution I've thought at first was transporting all invalidations from sub to top
> like ReorderBufferTransferSnapToParent(),
> but I do not know its side effect. Moreover, how do we deal with
> ReorderBufferChange?
> Should we transfer them too? If so, how about the ordering of changes?
> Alternative solustion was just remove the assertion, but was it OK?

PSA the PoC patch for discussion. In this patch only invalidation messages are transported,
changes hold by subtxn are ignored. This can be passed the reported workload.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED

Attachment Content-Type Size
REL14-0001-PoC-Fix-assertion-failure-during-logical-decoding.patch application/octet-stream 5.9 KB