RE: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE

From: "kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Kyotaro Horiguchi' <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date: 2021-08-09 17:01:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Horiguchi-san,

> How Pro*C behaves in that case? If the second command ends with an
> error, I think we are free to error out the second command before
> execution. If it works... do you know what is happening at the time?

You asked that how Oracle works when the followings precompiled and
executed, don't it?
> > > EXEC SQL AT conn1 DECLARE stmt STATEMENT;
> > > EXEC SQL AT conn2 EXECUTE stmt INTO ..;

While precompiling, it does not throw any errors. While executing,
the second statement will execute at conn1 without warnings.
So the added warning is postgres-extended.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED