RE: libpq debug log

From: "tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "iwata(dot)aya(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <iwata(dot)aya(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: 'Kyotaro Horiguchi' <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, "k(dot)jamison(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <k(dot)jamison(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, "alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org" <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: libpq debug log
Date: 2021-02-22 04:30:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: Iwata, Aya/岩田 彩 <iwata(dot)aya(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
> I update patch to v18. It has been fixed in response to Tsunakawa san's review.

(52)

() can be removed?

(53)
+ int inLogging; /* next byte of logging */

I understood this variable contains a position or offset from some place. Then, isn't it better to call it LogPos, LogOffset, or LogCursor? I don't think you need to prepend "In" as in InCursor, because you don't have to distinguish between input and output unlike InCursor in PGconn.

(54)
Can't you restrict the use of the above InLogging in fe-logging.c? How about making InLogging mean the offset from InStart, i.e. the offset from the start of a message?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa