RE: Batch insert in CTAS/MatView code

From: "tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Paul Guo <pguo(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, 'Daniel Gustafsson' <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Asim R P <apraveen(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Taylor Vesely <tvesely(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Subject: RE: Batch insert in CTAS/MatView code
Date: 2021-05-26 06:48:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Paul-san,

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
> In an off-list discussion with Paul, we decided to withdraw this patch for now
> and instead create a new entry when there is a re-worked patch. This has
> now
> been done in the CF app.

Would you mind if I take over this patch for PG 15? I find this promising, as Bharath-san demonstrated good performance by combining your patch and the parallel CTAS that Bharath-san has been working on. We'd like to do things that enhance parallelism.

Please allow me to start posting the revised patches next week if I can't get your reply.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa