RE: Commitfest 2021-01 is now closed.

From: "tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Masahiko Sawada' <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Commitfest 2021-01 is now closed.
Date: 2021-02-02 00:44:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
> about 1 month. But if I confirm that the author has a plan to update
> the patch soon I didn't close them. So I might have left too many
> patches for the next commitfest. If you have a patch that was moved,
> and you intend to rewrite enough of it to warrant a resubmission then
> please go in and close your entry.

I respect your kind treatment like this. A great job and great thanks! It must have been tough to shift through so many difficult discussions.

> From another point of view, those patches are likely to have a long
> discussion and a certain level of difficulty, so it's relatively hard
> for beginners. It would be good if the experienced hackers more focus
> on such difficult patches. It's a just idea but I thought that it
> would be helpful if we could have something like a mark on CF app
> indicating the patch is good for beginners like we have [E] mark in
> the ToDo wiki page[1]. This would be a good indicator for new-coming
> contributors to choose the patch to review and might help increase the
> reviewers. Which could help that the experienced hackers can focus on
> other patches. The mark can be added/edited either by the patch author
> or CFM.

+10
Or maybe we can add some difficulty score like e-commerce's review score, so that multiple people (patch author(s), serious persistent reviewers, CFM, and others who had a look but gave up reviewing) can reflect their impressions.
Further, something like stars or "Likes" could be encouraging (while 0 count may be discouraging for the author.)
Also, I'd be happy if I could know the patch set size -- the total of the last line of diffstat for each patch file.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa