RE: I'd like to discuss scaleout at PGCon

From: "tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: RE: I'd like to discuss scaleout at PGCon
Date: 2020-09-24 09:24:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
> I intentionally have put little conclusion on our specification and
> design. I'd like you to look at recent distributed databases, and
> then think about and discuss what we want to aim for together. I feel
> it's better to separate a thread per topic or group of topics.

Finally, MariaDB is now equiped with a scale-out feature.

How MariaDB achieves global scale with Xpand
https://www.infoworld.com/article/3574077/how-mariadb-achieves-global-scale-with-xpand.html

I haven't read its documentation, and am not planning to read it now, but the feature looks nice. I hope this will also be a good stimulus. I believe we should be aware of competitiveness when designing -- "If we adopt this architecture or design to simplify the first version, will it really naturally evolve to a competitive product in the future without distorting the concept, design, and interface?"

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa