RE: libpq debug log

From: "tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "'alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org'" <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, "iwata(dot)aya(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <iwata(dot)aya(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: 'Kyotaro Horiguchi' <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, "k(dot)jamison(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <k(dot)jamison(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: libpq debug log
Date: 2021-02-24 02:25:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
> I'll give this another look tomorrow, but I wanted to pass along that I prefer
> libpq-trace.{c,h} instead of libpq-logging. I also renamed variable "pin" and
> pgindented.

Ah, you're right, because the function names are PQtrace() and PQuntrace().

> I don't have any major reservations about this patch now, so I'll
> mark it ready-for-committer in case somebody else wants to have a look before
> push.

Actually, I had marked it as RFC just before I sent my previous mail. Anyway, I'm relieved to hear that. We hope this will be committed in PG 14.

> (Not sure about the use of the word "forcely")

Hmm, "forcedly" is not in my English dictionary. It should probably be "forcibly", or it can be removed, I think.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa