change float4 to floating point about type of autovacuum_vacuum_insert_scale_factor

From: <Shinya11(dot)Kato(at)nttdata(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: change float4 to floating point about type of autovacuum_vacuum_insert_scale_factor
Date: 2021-06-16 05:22:41
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi

As shown below, the argument types of autovacuum_vacuum_insert_scale_factor and toast.autovacuum_vacuum_insert_scale_factor are different from the others.
---
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor, toast.autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor (floating point)
autovacuum_vacuum_insert_scale_factor, toast.autovacuum_vacuum_insert_scale_factor (float4)
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor (floating point)
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay, toast.autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay (floating point)
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-createtable.html
---

In addition, there is this statement.
---
autovacuum_vacuum_insert_scale_factor (floating point)
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/runtime-config-autovacuum.html#GUC-AUTOVACUUM-VACUUM-INSERT-SCALE-FACTOR
---

So, I thought it was better to be consistent with "floating point", and I created the patch.

A similar argument can be found here.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CACZ0uYFf_p9BpbjLccx3CA=eM1Hk2Te=ULY4iptGLUhL-JxCPA@mail.gmail.com

Best Regards,
Shinya Kato

Attachment Content-Type Size
change_float4_to_floating_point.patch application/octet-stream 913 bytes