Re: Linux DB designer tools

From: "Roland Giesler" <roland(at)giesler(dot)za(dot)net>
To: "'Zouari Fourat'" <fourat(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Linux DB designer tools
Date: 2005-11-23 19:11:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

Zouari Fourat wrote:
> Hello,
> Am seeking for a reliable PGSQL DB Designer wich will be :
> 1.GPL
> 2.Good gui
> 3.Work under linux
> 4.export model to sql code
> 5.optionally do reverse engeneering by importing a model from the sql
> code

Try Druid. It runs on Java, so the if you use Sun JRE it's not GPL, but the
rest is. At least Druid is. And it works great.
http://druid.sourceforge.net/

I tried many others, but now use a combination of PGAdminIII and Druid.
Druid is growing still, but very functional and has some powerful generating
tools.

Roland