Large Objects in table

From: "Roland Giesler" <roland(at)giesler(dot)za(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Large Objects in table
Date: 2005-11-18 17:07:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

How does one create a BLOB in postgres? V. 8.0.3

I have read about cio's and lo in previous versions, but cannot find detail
about how to do it in pg8.

I would like to store different report layouts in a column of a tables
called 'reports', but somehow the datatype elludes me.

Any pointer and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Roland Giesler