disappearing tables

From: "paul butler" <paul(at)entropia(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: disappearing tables
Date: 2002-08-14 06:47:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dear List
I've just pg_dumped a database (data and description from version
7.13 and loaded into a blank local database ( I'm using cygwin ,
pg7.2) using psql \i. I've got php pages accessing it and everything
is sweet, however in psql I can't view some of the tables, after a
select I get is:
less: not found
\d shows all the tables are there and vacuum shows the data is
also. I've stopped and restarted but to no avail
Also when I try to drop and create under the same name, I get the
original dbase back. eg
Drop database wage;
Create database wage;
Returns the dropped database, not a blank one.
What am I doing wrong?
TIA
Paul Butler