Distributed db

From: Iandé Coutinho <iande(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Distributed db
Date: 2004-05-27 18:19:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

Afternoon everyone,

I´m needing to check some info in order to decide on whether postgres will meet my needs as a database, so if anyone could kindly inlighten me, i would be very grateful,

At present i need a DB that is able to do replication, as in a distributed system where i have a central DB, that replicates the DB to other branches of the same company, is it possible to achieve such thing with postgres, if so, is there a limitation to it? and could anyone point me to the right direction do to so.

thanks in advance as any help is very much apreciated,

Iande