ANSI SQL-99 SYNTAX and "WITH"

From: "Rein Petersen" <rp2969(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ANSI SQL-99 SYNTAX and "WITH"
Date: 2004-06-04 19:37:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

Good morning,afternoon, and evening Everyone,

My research into PostgreSQL documentation has yet to yeild any information about PostgreSQL's support of ANSI SQL-99 syntax, and in particular, the "WITH" clause - which if I understand correctly, allows recursive joins in simple syntax without the use of cursors and/or otherwise klugey SQL.

As you may have guessed, I hope PostgreSQL currently supports the "WITH" clause syntax or, will at least support it imminently.

Any knowledge on the matter is greatly appreciated :)

Rein