pgadmin critical issue

From: J Hobbs <jghsurfpro(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgadmin critical issue
Date: 2011-09-24 19:17:07
Lists: pgadmin-support

I have several PostgreSQL databases on a dedicated CentOS server that I maintain using pgAdmin III on a Windows XP machine.

I've come across a critical issue that concerns me and I thought I should report it for further investigation.

The problem involves a table with a bytea column that holds jpeg images.
I get a critical error that crashes the Windows XP machine when I run a
query in pgAdmin to display the columns in the table. The bytea column
does not display fully in the query display grid then after a few
seconds it produces a graphics exception that requires the system to be
rebooted.

Is this just an issue specific to my onboard graphics card or something that needs additional investigation?