REF: Data Migration MS SQL Server 7.0 to PostgreSQL 8.4 on Linux

From: Luis Dominguez <bcld(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "vepug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <vepug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: REF: Data Migration MS SQL Server 7.0 to PostgreSQL 8.4 on Linux
Date: 2010-02-11 13:36:29
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-es-ayuda vepug

Good
morning, I am now in the process of migrating a database from a driver
ms sql server 7.0 to postgresql 8.4 vesion but I have a problem with
the data type (timestamp) SQL Server 7.0 that refers to a single
binary field that is updated randomly by row, and this field is
paramount in my application for purposes of monitoring, postgresql 8.4
now also have the same timestamp but refers to other data (date +
time), I investigated other
types of data such as (serial, uuid, xid, byte etc) in postgresql and
not get something just to replace it, I thought of a function that do
something similar but not yet tried, and of course I turn to you to see
if I can lend a hand with this rut that I have right now ....¡