Space usage

From: Anantha V Padmanaban <ananthin(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Space usage
Date: 2009-08-11 07:48:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All

Version 8.1

I am new to postgres and trying to find a way to get the actual space usage of a table. The table size is 28GB but I have deleted a lot of rows which is not getting reflected. I presume the space will be reclaimed after the vacuum process. But I would like to know how much space left in the database. Is there anyway we can find how much space will be released after vacuuming process?

Thanks
AP

One stop at MSN India to catch up with what’s hot in the world around you today
http://in.msn.com