Re: Duplicate function call on timestamp2tm

From: Li Japin <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Duplicate function call on timestamp2tm
Date: 2019-12-12 16:04:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks for your confirm. Is there anything I can do?

On Dec 12, 2019, at 11:13 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us<mailto:tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>> wrote:

Ah, after looking in the git history, not quite that ancient:
this duplication dates to commit 258ee1b63, which moved these
switch cases from the "if (type == RESERV)" switches in the
same functions. In the previous coding these function calls
were actually necessary, but here they're redundant. I guess
that's just additional ammunition for Greg's point that the
keywords were misclassified ;-).