Re: Ultrix port

From: Alexander Klimov <ask(at)wisdom(dot)weizmann(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ultrix port
Date: 2001-03-29 09:18:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Alexander Klimov <ask(at)wisdom(dot)weizmann(dot)ac(dot)il> writes:
> > First problem is sys/socket.h. Here it has no guards in it (like
> > #ifdef _SOCKET_H
> > #endif), so it could not be included twice, and I have to remove its
> > unnecesarry inclusions.
>
> Are you sure these are unnecessary? What are the odds this patch will
> break other platforms?
I almost shure it is not, because sys/socket.h already included in each of
the files but indirectly, thru libpq-be -> pqcomm, that include it on non
windows platforms. My guess is that tracking and elimination of double
includes of the same file is useful in general, because it at
least decrease compilation time.

Regards,
ASK