Ultrix port

From: Alexander Klimov <ask(at)wisdom(dot)weizmann(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Ultrix port
Date: 2001-03-27 17:14:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all.

After two days of strugle I have compiled pgsql on ultrix, patch is in
attachment. I still can't run `gmake check', because of shell problems
in install.log:

install: no destination specified
gmake[6]: *** [install-lib-shared] Error 1
gmake[6]: Leaving directory
`/tmp_mnt/hosts/wisdom/NewSoftware/Ask/build/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq'

With the speed of the box it will take another two days to fix and
check :-)

First problem is sys/socket.h. Here it has no guards in it (like
#ifdef _SOCKET_H
#endif), so it could not be included twice, and I have to remove its
unnecesarry inclusions.

I have to add src/utils/strdup.o to linking in
src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc and /src/bin/pg_passwd
and I don't shure how to do it in patch (so, it is not there).

.frame in s_lock.c cause error about duplication of .frame for one .ent,
so I just remove it -- and I don't shure I am right. Anybody know how to
deal with it?

sys/ipc.h included from miscadmin.h is needed for sys/sem.h, so I reorder
their inclusion.

There is no dynamic libraries for Ultrix, so I have to download libdl, but
it is not supported by configure (I guess), so I add
LIBS += -L/home/ask/soft/build/libdl -ldl
it is obviously wrong -- should be changed.

BTW: Do anybody know about tool, helping to analize include structure, in
order to eliminate several includes of one file (like case with
sys/socket.h which is unneeded for everybody, who includes libpq-be.h)

Regards,
ASK

Attachment Content-Type Size
ultrix.diff text/plain 7.5 KB