Re: [GENERAL] arrays

From: Mike Sosteric <mikes(at)athabascau(dot)ca>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] arrays
Date: 2002-09-30 18:24:13
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Question #1: If each record has 67 fields, and each field may appear in
> several languages, is it possible for some fields to be in more languages
> than others? I.e. if "title-en" and "title-de" exist, does it follow that
> "content-en" and "content-de" exist as well? Or not?

yes.

> Question #2: Does your XML schema allow locall defined attributes? That is,
> do some records have entire attributes ("fields" ) that other records do not?

yes.

> Suggestion #1: Joe Celko's "SQL for Smarties, 2nd Ed." is an excellent book
> for giving you ideas on how to adapt SQL structures to odd purposes.

I have ordered the book from amazon.ca

> --
> -Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

Mike Sosteric <mikes(at)athabascau(dot)ca> Managing Editor, EJS <http://www.sociology.org/>
Department of Global and Social Analysis Executive Director, ICAAP <http://www.icaap.org/>
Athabasca University Cell: 1 780 909 1418
Simon Fraser University Adjunct Professor
Masters of Publishing Program
--
This troubled planet is a place of the most violent contrasts.
Those that receive the rewards are totally separated from those who

___
---