From: Marius Ciolacu <mariusc(at)cyberspace(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ...
Date: 2000-02-01 12:22:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Ciolacu Marius Ioan
Your email address : mariusc(at)cyberspace(dot)org

System Configuration
---------------------
Architecture (example: Intel Pentium) : AMD K6-2 300Mhz

Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) : Linux 2.2.10

PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.4.2): PostgreSQL-6.4.2

Compiler used (example: gcc 2.8.0) : gcc version egcs-2.91.66

The POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor drops me out when I execute a command.
This is the message:

This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while
processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible. Terminating.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem. Please try to provide a
Make a relation with at least one numeric atribute.
Insert a row into the table, but with no value for the numeric column.
Retrieve rows from the table with the condition the numeric column to be 0.
You'll be dropped out of psql.
Here is an example:

[postgres(at)linuxbox pgsql]$createdb exam
[postgres(at)linuxbox pgsql]$ psql exam
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL

type \? for help on slash commands
type \q to quit
type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
You are currently connected to the database: exam

exam=>CREATE TABLE products (
exam-> id_product varchar(20) NOT NULL,
exam-> name varchar(20),
exam-> price int8,
exam-> PRIMARY KEY (id_product)
exam-> );
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index products_pkey for
table products
CREATE
exam=> INSERT INTO products VALUES ('prod010','computer');
INSERT 18158 1
exam=> SELECT * FROM products WHERE price=0;
This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while
processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible. Terminating.
[postgres(at)linuxbox pgsql]$

Everything is allright if I execute the next command:

exam=> SELECT * FROM products WHERE price IS NULL;
id_product|name |price
----------+--------+-----
prod010 |computer|
(1 row)

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:
I won't make any supposition because I think you know better where the error
is...

Please excuse my english (I'm a romanian student) and sorry if you knew about
this bug.

I have a question: where can I find examples with databases accessed from
html pages (with php)?
Thanks.