Re: [GENERAL] Different dB dir

From: Maarten Boekhold <maartenb(at)dutepp0(dot)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: Jason <neumeier(at)bright(dot)net>
Cc: "'psql'" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Different dB dir
Date: 1998-07-16 07:29:37
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Jason wrote:

> I have filled a partition on our Sparc with 6 databases. Each database
> is about 300MB in size. What I want to do is create future databases on
> a different partition. All current databases reside at
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/DBNAME
>
> The next time I create a dB, I want it to be at /platypus/pgsql/DBNAME
>
> Is this possible? And if so, how? I am running PostgreSQL 6.3 on a
> Sparc 20. Thanks in advance.

With PostgreSQL 6.3.2:

template1=> \h create database
Command: create database
Syntax:
create database <dbname> [with location = '<dbpath>']

Also, 'man createdb' will give you answers.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems |
| Department of Electrical Engineering |
| Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section |
| M(dot)Boekhold(at)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl |